We have striven to make this website available to all regardless of individual disability/ability. However, if you do encounter difficulties or any barriers, please contact us and we will try to improve the website to reflect your needs.
Standards, Compliance and Validation
All pages on this site use structured, semantic mark-up. For example, H1 and H2 tags are used to convey document format. H2 tags are used for main titles, h3 tags for subtitles etc.
- This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3) for presentation, validated using the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) validation service.
- All pages on this site are checked in accordance with W3C and Section 508 guidelines and adhere/comply to these guidelines as much as possible.
- Primary site navigation (section links) is located (site-wide) at the top left and the footer (bottom) of the page.
- Secondary navigation elements are shown as drop down menus on each individual page - the number of links vary from section to section and some sections may not have any secondary links at all.
- A link to the home page is available on each page through the Main logo.
- Navigation menus are marked up as HTML lists and styled with CSS.
- Links are written, where possible, to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
- Purely decorative graphics (if any are present) will include a ‘null’ ALT attribute.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable but in a stylistically reduced capacity.
- Foreground and background colours have been used that provide a good level of contrast and are therefore easy to read. Throughout the site, colour is never used as the only way to convey information.
- Forms have their labels explicitly associated with their controls, aiding users of certain screen readers and speech browsers.
If you encounter any problems with the site please use the form on our Contact page to get in touch with us.